Saturday, January 26, 2008

How to support native interfaces on the Web

I posted an article about supporting native interfaces in Mobile Firefox. Byt the way, I found information regarding my post from here. This paper explained the native interfaces I talked as sensors on device and introduced how to send their sensed data to servers via the Web.

The sensor means a device that reads data from the user's physical environment. By the way, I am interested in how to get data from the native interfaces via web browser. I have not considered yet how a browser sends data to a server.
Anyway, this paper seems to be useful to extend technologies of web browser in a standard way.

Getting a location data from a GPS sensor was already realized on FirefoxDoug introduced this news in his blog and he implemented a prototype. I think it needs to be standardized

No comments: