Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Glad to become a new GNOME foundation member

After I read this blog post, I applied for membership in the GNOME Foundation. Finally, my application was accepted last week. I think that my WebKitGtk+ contribution and GNOME Korea activities could count towards membership.

The main reason why I decided to become a GNOME foundation member is to let GNOME folks know about the GNOME Korea community( The GNOME Korea community started to translate for GNOME in 1998, and is mainly working on Korean translation( Changwoo Ryu has led the Korean translation team since the early stages of GNOME. As a member of the GNOME Korea community, I organize GNOME Tech Talks every month to introduce various GNOME technologies to Korean developers and am also in charge of maintaining the GNOME Korea blog (

I'm really grateful to become a new GNOME foundation member. In particular, I’d like to thank Xan Lopez and Gustavo Noronha(kov) for helping me to become involved in WebKitGtk+ development. In the future, I will try to report on activities of the GNOME Korea community and my GNOME experiences through Planet GNOME and here.

No comments: